$21-$26 an hour
We’re looking for an experienced carpenter to join our passionate and creative team in Farmington New York. Utilizing both hand tools and semi-automated equipment our team constructs panelized enclosure systems with industry leading, high-performance materials. The ideal candidate has a self-starting, team-oriented attitude to help us pre-fabricate and install our high-performance wall, roof, and floor panels.
We typically work 10-hour days, Monday-Thursday with Fridays optional for overtime. Time will be spent building panels in the shop as well as installing them in the field. Our projects are usually within a 4–6-hour drive radius so travel is required however there is a generous increase in compensation for out-of-town installation work.
- 2+ years carpentry experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and shop drawings
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Valid NYS Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Prior experience in high-performance home building, passive house construction, and high-efficiency enclosure systems with a general understanding of high-performance building envelopes and construction methods.
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $21 - $26
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Carpenter Job Description
New Energy Works
Reports To: Division Manager
The carpenter helps our construction team pre-fabricate and install our high-performance wall, roof, and floor panels as well as provides general carpentry skills on-site as part of our construction division.
- 2+ years carpentry experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and shop drawings.
- Willingness to take direction, learn, and grow.
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Willingness to assist with job pack up and other duties necessary to prepare for a well-run project.
- Understanding of project scopes and associated cost codes, to ensure proper timecard entry.
Equipment & Vehicles:
- Must have/ maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Maintain proper operation and cleanliness of company vehicles, tools, and other equipment.
- Reporting of any issues with company vehicles or equipment to direct supervisor.
- Manage company tools/ equipment on-site and on-campus.
Safety & Compliance:
- Knowledge of OSHA standards (10 hour preferred)
- Ability to ensure a safe, clean, and professional jobsite.
- Knowledge and implementation of best builder practices for all assigned project scopes.
- Comply with all New Energy Works policies and codes of conduct.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.