Public Relations & Content—NY
We’re looking for a public relations associate & content creator for our internal marketing team of Pioneer Millworks & New Energy Works. Half of the position is content creation, management, strategy of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Houzz, and Mortarr for each company. The other half is public relations outreach and management for our products and projects.
Skills and ability to:
- Increase followers and interactions in Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Mortarr, and Houzz platforms
- Write copy that flows with marketing objectives and helps tell our quirky story
- Create a forward-thinking Content and Public Relations strategy and calendar that integrates with other marketing/sales objectives and yet is flexible for the spontaneous
- Proactively take photos/video of process & people to help further tell our story
- Help build and manage partnerships with influencers
- Write press releases and story pitches. Is motivated to get press, and get it often. The more stories, the more back-links…the better.
- Be able to establish metrics and report KPIs and ROIs
The right person:
- Can demonstrate success in social media/PR for other B2B and B2C companies
- Bonus if that is for a builder/architect/interior design or material manufacture
- Is social and enjoys telling stories, taking photos/videos, and chatting with real people to get the shot or story
- Has excellent grammar & spelling
- Shoots for a high-bar and isn’t scared by a team that does the same
- Sees feedback as a way to improve work, and seeks it out
- Truly enjoys social media & community — sees the opportunities in them for sales & relationships
- Is able to work in an open office, and has no hesitation to interact with craftsmen, clients, and management
Note: while we’re currently flexible because of the complexities of COVID, this position will require physically working in our NY office and in-person interaction with others.
We are triple bottom line companies, People, Planet, Prosperity – so we’re interested in more than just giving you a paycheck. Paid time off, 70% paid health insurance, matching 401k, and company investment through ESOP (employee ownership) are all perks. Our business ethos and products aim to move the building industry forward in sustainably—we’re looking for someone who want to partner in making a difference for our planet through great marketing.
Sound like a ride you want to hop on? Email Deanna saying who you are, why you want in, a resume, and a portfolio/writing samples. (<-These pieces are KEY.) We want to hear from all of you, but we won’t be able to respond to every inquiry. We don't discriminate and we're partial to smart people with lots of common sense.