Did you like to build impossible things with Legos as a kid? Did you hang out with your dad/grandpa in his woodshop? Do you find yourself losing track of time when something's broken because you've got it completely apart and just can't let it go until it's up and working again? We get it—you're one of us. We're looking for a modeler/draftsmen to join our team in Farmington, NY. You may not have that job title on your resume (or maybe you do) but if the bullets below fit, you should send us an email.
This draftsman position is being created to support our engineering department. You must have autocad experience, building construction knowledge, be able to take direction and work in a team environment. Attention to detail is critical and Revit/SketchUp experience will be advantageous.
- Show us your 2-year Associates degree is computer aided design and/or drafting (or something similar)
- Dazzle us with your computer skills
- Meet deadlines like a boss
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Love heavy timber and high performance buildings
- Talk with us about your past construction and/or design experience
- Show your commitment to environmentally conscious design
Bonus if you:
- Have wielded a beetle
- Enjoy working in an open office (although right now we’re mostly working from our homes)
- Bike—mountain or dirt, your choice
Other reasons to consider joining us:
- We’re an Employee Owned Company, and after a year you can join in ownership
- Our ethos: we believe in the triple bottom line - that people, planet, and profit work together to ensure a better future
- Company sponsored insurance & 401k
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Bring-your-friendly-dog-to-work policy
- Profit-sharing in years of abundance
If this sounds like you, send a cover letter and resume telling us why you want to make New Energy Works home. We don't discriminate for all the right reasons but are partial to smart people with lots of common sense. Sorry, but we won't be able to respond to all applicants.