We’re a quirky 30-year-old Finger Lakes based, eco-minded fine woodworking and timber frame company with an east coast nexus in Farmington, NY. Designers, architects, builders, and homeowners come to us for specialized, and highly detailed woodworking projects. Doors, stairs, cabinetry, and furniture are our forte—handcrafted from reclaimed and sustainable wood using traditional tooling and modern CNC and software technology. People, planet, and prosperity are what drive our business.
If you’re an accomplished and creative custom woodworker with the know-how to take on unique and challenging projects, we’d like to know you. Our ideal craftsman is experienced, quality-oriented, and hardworking with an efficient production mentality to work on highly custom residential and commercial projects. Field experience is important—we work locally and regionally. This can mean occasional travel or longer commutes.
This is a hands-on position in our fine woodworking shop (70%) and requires some off-site installation away from the shop (30%). Knowledge of wood, fine woodworking techniques and skills are essential, as is experience with cabinetry, door, furniture, stair fabrication. Physical demands such as ladders, lifting, and handling of material are required. Don’t have everything below? We’re willing to train the right candidate in the details.
The Right Person:
- Minimum two years experience in a woodworking shop or residential construction
- Ability to read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills, proficiency with industrial woodworking tools
- Demonstrated active problem solving, and creative thinking
- Ability to overcome challenges & accept feedback
- Skilled in project management and/or project coordination
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions, and work within a team
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to travel & have your drivers license
Why work with us:
Full-time, year round work with paid days off, matching 401K, 70% paid health insurance, and profit-sharing in years of plenty. We are a do-good ethos 30% employee-owned company and you won’t find better coworkers and craftsmen around town. Pay based on experience.
If you’d like us to consider your resume, please include a cover letter when you email. We don’t discriminate for all the right reasons, and are partial to smart people with lots of common sense. Sorry, but we won’t be able to respond to all applicants.