Project Manager Construction—NY
We are looking for a Project Manager to support a variety of needs for our general contracting projects in the Finger Lakes Region.
The position will include overseeing and managing the general construction of high-end custom residential projects from site development to completion. This job requires the ability to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of residential construction. We are looking for a demonstrated level of skill and experience. The right candidate is a self-driven leader, with a get-it-done attitude, hardworking, an excellent communicator, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment and can easily coordinate with a variety of internal teams plus outside partners and vendors. We work locally and regionally; you can expect a varying commute to jobs as needed and time working under roof at our Farmington NY shop.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage project budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates
- Plan, coordinate, and manage project schedules for contractors and subcontractors
- Oversee and supervise construction project progress and provide reports on timeline, progress, and adjustments
- Client communication and interface for project decisions and details
- Coordination of internal and external consultant and labor requirements
- Ensure all approvals, legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, and local and state regulations are met
Requirements and Qualifications
- A degree in construction management, or related field from an accredited university is preferred but not required. We value experience and consider it to be paramount to succeeding in this position.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a project manager or in a similar position in construction
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry including knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
- Able to work with clients and their expectations in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, sub-contractors, and clients
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office programs required and experience with Project Management software such as Procore or MS Project preferred
This position is full time, with a great benefits package including 70% COMPANY PAID medical. Dental and vision options, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, and profit-sharing, as available. We are also a 30% employee-owned company (ESOP) on our way to full employee ownership.
Think you’d like to join us, but are not sure about your experience? Send us some details about what you have done and why you’d like to become part of our team. We’re glad to consider you!
We don't discriminate for all the right reasons but are partial to smart people with lots of common sense.
New Energy Works has shops in both Farmington, NY and McMinnville, OR where we design and craft custom heavy timber projects using modern CNC and traditional tooling all the while raising these frames and enclosures around the country. NEW operates on the triple bottom line philosophy of people, planet, and profit and we believe in the community of our co-workers.