Custom Heavy Timber Construction Company Leader—OR
We’re a timber frame, heavy timber, and high-performance enclosure company looking for the next leader of our West Coast Operation in McMinnville, OR. This leadership position is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of a nationally regarded, employee-owned company, completely focused on the triple bottom line of People, Planet and Prosperity.
Our company founder presently manages our west coast, among his many duties, and is leaving these operations to engage in other company responsibilities. This position is to be his replacement, in McMinnville. Skills and responsibilities would include many of the things it takes to run a small, if intense, construction or construction component company. While this is a leadership position, note that we work as a team. A community style leadership is what we hold in highest esteem.
The successful candidate will have a strong history of working on the construction field, including management of personnel, budgets, and projects. The right person will take over management of our shop and construction group of 15-20 people located in McMinnville. Our work is limited to timber design, engineering, fabrication and installation, and increasingly, high performance enclosures. While CAD/CAM knowledge is helpful, it is not required. A solid understanding on modern technology, including project management software like Procore or Builder Trend, is required.
The main goals for this position are:
- Estimating, job-cost tracking, contract negotiations
- Manage client relations
- Attend to personnel matters of hiring, development, terminations, etc
- Coordinate with in-house and out-of-house design professionals
- Synchronize with our engineering and design groups in Portland, OR and Farmington, NY
- Build critical teamwork and skills within our timber frame and construction crews
- Grow the company as appropriate and within the boundaries of quality work and market capacity
- The position will pay well, as it should, to be commensurate with your experience
- You would be part of our employee-owned company, with all its financial and ethical advantages
- There is opportunity to join other full management level coworkers in making high-level, foundational business decisions
- Benefits include 70% coverage of health care, 50% dental and vision; ESOP (employee ownership) shares; matching 401K; and more
How to Apply:
Our work, our story, and our people are well represented on this website. We’d like you to spend time here to get to know us before reaching out. Then please do reach out with your past experience and an introduction letter as to WHY you’re the right person and WHAT is driving you to join us. If you’re re-locating, include why you and we should take such a chance.
We don't discriminate for all of the right reasons and apologize ahead of time for not being able to respond to each of you.