We’re a timber frame, general contracting, and high-performance enclosure company looking for the next leader of our construction group. This leadership position is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of a nationally regarded, employee-owned company, focused on the triple bottom line of People, Planet, and Prosperity.
Skills and responsibilities would include many of the things it takes to run a small, if intense, construction or construction component company. While this is a leadership position, note that we work as a team. A community-style leadership is what we hold in highest esteem.
The successful candidate will have a strong history of working in the construction field, including management of personnel, budgets, and projects. The right person will assume the oversight of our construction group of 15-20 people located in Farmington. Our work is mostly focused on general contracting of a select number of local custom timber-framed homes annually, and high-performance enclosures packages throughout the east coast. A solid understanding of the fundamental tools of business, (ie. spreadsheets and word processing) is required, use of modern technology, such project management software like Procore are a plus.
The main goals for this position are:
- Estimating, job-cost tracking, contract negotiations
- Manage client relations
- Oversight of project managers
- Attend to personnel matters of hiring, development, terminations, etc
- Coordinate with in-house design professionals
- Synchronize with our timber frame, fine woodworking, and high-performance enclosure teams in Farmington, NY
- Build critical teamwork and skills within our construction crew
- Grow the company as appropriate and within the boundaries of quality work and market capacity
- The position will pay well, as it should, to be commensurate with your experience
- You would be part of our employee-owned company, with all its financial and ethical advantages
- There is an opportunity to join other full management level coworkers in making high-level, foundational business decisions
- Benefits include 70% company-paid health care coverage; dental and vision; ESOP (employee ownership) shares; matching 401K; and more
How to Apply:
Please reach out with your past experience and an introduction letter as to WHY you’re the right person and WHAT is driving you to join us. If you’re re-locating, include why you and we should take such a chance.
New Energy Works doesn’t discriminate for all of the right reasons and apologize ahead of time for not being able to respond to each of you.