Woodworking Project Manager & Cabinet Designer – NY
We’re looking for a seasoned Woodworking Project Manager & Cabinet Designer to join our passionate and creative team in Farmington NY. This client facing leadership role is in our custom fine woodworking shop and involves talking with customers, working with production technology interfaces, and effectively communicating with our in-house craftspeople. This position is high craft oriented and requires an extraordinary level of passion for fine woodworking.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management or design preferably with high-end woodworking.
- Hands-on woodworking experience.
- Excellent math, computer, CNC machine skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Background working with reclaimed wood or sustainable business models.
- Background in timber framing, industrial design, or fine arts a plus.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 30% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company on our way to 100%, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you.