Architectural Designer / Project Manager, OR
We’re looking for a designer and project manager to join our small, imaginative design team in Portland, OR. This role will include the design, drafting and documentation of custom-residential and small commercial timber frame and high-performance projects in various states around the country. You will assist our lead Architects in developing design concepts and eventually design your own projects as well as manage client communications, schedules, and deliverables for those projects.
Expectations include meeting strict deadlines, taking notes during meetings, setting up project files, gathering zoning/site information, developing designs based on meeting notes, creating strong presentation visuals, drafting construction drawings that match our performance values, as well as communicating effectively with clients. Quick learning, adaptability, and the ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced supportive environment is a must. We’re looking for someone who requires minimal training in Revit and drafting and can jump right into our workflow, eventually operating semi-independently.
- Associates Degree or higher in Architecture or related field that could include Construction Mgt.
- 3-5+ Years of experience in an architectural and/or construction setting
- General knowledge of architecture and building processes
- Ability to use Autodesk Revit, preferably, or very skilled with AutoCAD, to model and complete construction drawings
- Basic skill in Microsoft Word and Excel (other MS Office programs a plus)
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with clients
- Experience in residential construction and or high-performance construction
- Experience using Enscape for rendering
- Passion for sustainability and building science
Compensation: $55-$75k yearly depending on experience.
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. When appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our team of talented craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you. Feel free to send along a portfolio or work samples as well.