Sales Engineer, OR
We’re looking for an Sales Engineer to join our passionate and creative team in Portland and McMinnville Oregon. This support role works directly with our Design + Build, Heavy Timber, and Timber Frame company and is responsible for developing and maintaining 3D timber frame models from architectural drawings, sketches, and/or collaborative discussion, generating estimates from 3D models by gathering additional drawings, specifications, vendor quotes and/or related documents, and interfacing with prospective clients (both in person and over the phone) to understand project objectives.
There will be extensive on the job training for this role, but the ideal candidate will be able maintain constant contact through sales cycle, the ability to multi-task proficiently in fast paced work environment and contribute to sales team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Competency in 3D AutoCAD and Microsoft office suite including excel and word.
- Construction or building design experience.
- 1+ years’ experience with Sketchup and Revit.
- Knowledge of residential building methods and materials.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication and people skills with sales acumen.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents.
- Ability to coordinate and work independently.
- Experience with heavy timber and or sustainable/ high-performance construction.
- Experience with high-end custom homebuilding.
- The ability to provide creative timber solutions to architectural needs.
- Similar sales and client development experience.
Required Education: Associates degree (or greater) in architecture, industrial design, or experience equivalent.
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members in Oregon and New York.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $75k – $90k Yearly.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
WC Sales Engineer Job Description
New Energy Works
Updated September 17, 2023
Reports To: Division Manager
The Sales Engineer will help effectively market our products and services, build relationships with prospective clients, consistently deliver superior customer service, and have the creativity to shape innovative, unique designs. The role requires excellent technical skills and proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software, and fluent in spreadsheets and be able to confidently estimate projects given company and project factors.
The responsibilities of this role include meeting with clients, creating drawings, designs, and layouts, and complying with industry regulations. The Sales Engineer is expected to be meticulous, detail-oriented, and able to work well in a team, and requires an analytical mindset and excellent time management skills, as well as the ability to find effective solutions to fit with a project's timeline, budget, and objectives.
- The ability to diagram designs both manually and with computer-aided drafting.
- Meeting with clients to discuss the design requirements for new constructions, alterations, or repairs.
- Designing, analyzing, and altering plans, prototypes, or structures.
- Using CAD software and manual drawing techniques to produce architectural plans for management and client approval.
- Reviewing blueprints, designs, and plans created by architects or other engineers and making recommendations for changes.
- Provide product knowledge and sale advice to customers and prospects.
- Conducting research regarding materials and techniques used in construction of buildings or other structures.
- Collaborating with internal coworkers and outside contractors to devise client solutions.
- Execute solutions’ presentations, demos and handle scenario sessions with prospects.
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities Required:
- Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes, and regulations.
- The ability to diagram designs both manually and with computer-aided drafting software (CAD, Revit, sketchup).
- Good customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations, and zoning laws.
- An excellent working knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering principles.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong creative design and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, critical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM systems.
Safety & Compliance:
Must comply with all New Energy Works safety protocols, policies, and code of conduct.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.