Interior Designer, NY
We’re looking for a client facing Interior Designer to join our imaginative design team in Farmington, NY. This role is a critical part of our in-house design team and will oversee the concept, design, and material selections for custom-residential interiors in various states around the country.
With support from the Design Manager, this role will develop interior concepts as well as manage client communications, selections, schedules, and deliverables for those projects. The Interior Designer will expertly guide clients through a curated selection process and coordinate those material selections, as well as the budgets, with the contractor.
There is also the potential to grow into project procurement, client/project initiation, and design-lead responsibilities.
The ideal candidate requires minimal training in Revit and the interior design process and can jump right into our workflow, eventually operating semi-independently as an interior design lead for the company. Quick learning, adaptability, and the ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced supportive environment is a must.
- Four-year Degree or higher in Interior Design or related field.
- Experience dealing with vendors and helping clients through selections.
- Ability to use Autodesk Revit to model and complete drawings.
- Basic skill in Microsoft Word and Excel (other MS Office programs a plus).
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- 2-5 Years of experience in an interior design setting, or very strong portfolio.
- Experience managing small to medium architectural projects.
- Experience in residential interior design.
- Experience using Enscape for rendering.
- Passion for sustainability and using natural materials.
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. Please send along work samples as well. We look forward to learning more about you.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $50k-$80k
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Interior Designer Job Description
New Energy Works
Reports To: Design Group Manager
The Interior Designer works with the Design Manager to develop and document interior design of design and GC projects in on-site in our Farmington NY office/studio. The responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to): interior concepts, mood boards, Revit modeling of initial design, working within Enscape to develop visuals, initial millwork modeling, develop construction drawings based on redlines and comments, interior material/product specifications, sourcing and budgeting, interface with clients during project design meetings, limited client email interaction, coordinate directly with consultants as needed.
Expectations include meeting strict deadlines, taking diligent notes during meetings, developing mood boards, developing designs based on meeting notes, creating strong presentation visuals, organizing selections process, developing budgets based on selections, emphasizing company’s sustainability goals within selection process, as well as communicating effectively with clients.
- Strong Autodesk Revit skills.
- Strong Enscape skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability.
- Strong design and creative abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple project deliverables and prioritize.
- Knowledge of new product lines (keeping up-to-date on trends).
Interior Design Development
- Initial Revit modeling based on sketches and feedback from Design Manager.
- Establish and develop materials and renderings within Enscape for Client presentations.
- Source Revit families specific to project and place them in the file.
- Establish mood board and curated ideas based on architecture and clients needs.
- Develop rough budgets based on selections.
- Guide client through selections process.
- Document selections in an organized system.
- Help with selection of exterior materials.
- Draw enlarged plans, interior elevations, sections and details as necessary.
- Cabinet layout drawings and elevations.
- Draw reflected ceiling pla.n
- Electrical layout and lighting selection.
- Tile layout.
- Plumbing wall layout.
- Coordinate as needed with consultants and contractors.
- Meet/manage deadlines specific to construction.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Assist with updating office Revit drafting standards.
- Travel as assigned.
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication including common computer applications (Microsoft word, Excel, Web, Email, Phone, and text etc.).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This role has the potential to grow into more of a Design-Lead and Project Manager role.
- Additional design-lead responsibilities.
- Additional client management and project management responsibilities.
- Additional sales responsibilities.
- Develop initial design ideas with little feedback.
- Lead client meetings.
- Establish and develop processes within the company to help us be more efficient/effective.