Entry Level Architect / Designer, NY
$20-$30 an hour.
We’re looking for an entry level Architect or Designer to join our imaginative design team in Farmington, NY. This role is part of our in-house design team and will include the design, drafting and documentation of custom-residential and high-performance projects in various states around the country.
The entry level Architect/ Designer will have an opportunity to learn and grow their skillset by assisting in developing and designing projects in collaboration with our Design Manager. This role will develop initial design concepts and help manage schedules and deliverables for those projects.
There is the potential to grow into client/project initiation, and design-lead responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will require minimal training in Revit and drafting and can jump right into our workflow. Strong communication skills, creativity, and a willingness to learn are a must.
- Four-year Degree or higher in Architecture or related field.
- Ability to use Autodesk Revit to model and complete construction drawings.
- Basic skill in Microsoft Word and Excel (other MS Office programs a plus).
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- 1-3 Years of experience in an architectural setting or very strong portfolio.
- Experience working on small to medium architectural projects.
- Experience in residential design and/or high-performance design.
- Experience using Enscape for rendering.
- Passion for sustainability and building science.
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. Please send along work samples as well. We look forward to learning more about you.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $20-$30 an hour
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Entry Level Architect / Designer Job Description
New Energy Works
Reports To: Design Group Manager
The Entry Level Architect / Designer works with the Design Manager to develop and document all aspects of design projects in Farmington NY. The responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to): local site/code/zoning research, Revit modeling of initial design, working within Enscape to develop visuals, initial timber frame modeling, develop construction drawings based on redlines and comments, interface with Clients during project design meetings, take notes and organize project notes, coordinate directly with consultants as needed.
Expectations include meeting strict deadlines, taking diligent notes during meetings, setting up project files, gathering zoning/site information, developing designs based on meeting notes and feedback/sketches, creating strong presentation visuals, drafting construction drawings based on redlines and feedback, as well as communicating effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Autodesk Revit skills.
- Enscape skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and adaptability skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple project deliverables and prioritize.
- Strong design ability.
- Assist with gathering site and project zoning information in an organized manner for later reference.
- Set up new project Revit files per New Energy Works standards.
- Initial code review as necessary.
Schematic Design Modeling and Visuals
- Develop initial concept design based on direction/feedback from the Design Manager.
- Initial Revit modeling for concept design.
- Establish and develop materials and renderings within Enscape for Client presentations.
- Source Revit families specific to project and place them in the file.
- Develop programmatic ideas based on notes from client meetings.
Construction Drawing Documentation
- Set up construction drawing sets within Revit.
- Draw plans, elevations, sections, and details in Revit based on red lines and guidance from the Design Manager.
- Coordinate as needed with consultants and contractors.
- Meet/manage deadlines specific to construction.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Assist with updating office Revit drafting standards.
- Additional training as assigned.
- Travel as assigned.
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication including common computer applications (Microsoft word, Excel, Web, Email, Phone, and text etc.).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This role has the potential to grow into a Design-Lead role.
- Additional design-lead responsibilities.
- Lead client meetings.
- Establish and develop processes within the company to help us be more efficient/effective.