Enclosure Project Engineer / Manager, NY
We’re looking for an Enclosure Project Engineer / Manager to join our passionate and creative team in Farmington, NY. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of residential construction techniques and be able to read blueprints and plans.
The role will require many hats to be worn, including sales support, admin support, project engineering, and project management, as well as helping to develop relationships with outside suppliers, contractors, and architects.
This position will be working directly with the Director of Enclosure Services and many other teams and departments throughout our organization. No prior work experience necessary for consideration.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 3D.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products.
- Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Associates degree in related field.
- Experience with wood and construction.
- Able to travel 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or higher).
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
If you think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Send us your resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $50k - $80k yearly.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Enclosure Project Engineer/Manager Job Description
New Energy Works
Reports To: Director of Enclosure Services
New Energy Works Enclosure Project Engineer / Manager maintains full ownership of the design, engineering, and execution of projects from project handoff to completion. This position works directly with Director of Enclosure Services, shop craftspeople, installation personnel, and many other teams and departments throughout our organization. The role requires knowledge of how to bring a project from the design stage through to completion with multiple project team members. The Project Engineer / Manager will be responsible for the creation of a 3D fabrication model, 2D drawing package, obtaining necessary approvals for fabrication, and ordering of materials to complete the project among other tasks. The Project Engineer / Manager is the main point of contact on a project and is responsible for facilitating all client, architect, general contractor meetings.
Review and understand the contract and estimate:
- Understand the scope of work that has been sold.
- Generate project milestones.
- Full ownership of keeping project on budget to the estimated cost budget.
Process all project specific documentation:
- Place purchase orders to vendors.
- Generate and invoice clients per the project milestone billings or as appropriate.
- Track project changes and send change orders to clients when appropriate.
- Maintaining the project documentation for the above items in our ERP system (Acumatica)
Create project 3D model and drawings to review with project team (clients, architects, general contractors, owners’ representatives, etc.) and our shop Project Champions.
Review fabrication drawings with clients and work through revisions until we have an approval to fabricate.
Obtain approval to order project specific materials. Obtain quotes and order the materials. There should be a full understanding of the status of these orders and materials throughout the process.
- Simpson products
Coordinate field requirements with Project Champion
- Manpower/scheduling requirements
- Shipping logistics to the site
Safety & Compliance:
- Comply with all New Energy Works polices, codes of conduct, and safety regulations.
- Maintain the project’s OneNote for project status coordination & field/shop planning.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.