Designer / Drafter - NY
We’re looking for a Designer & Drafter to join our small, imaginative design team in Farmington, NY. This role will include assisting in the drafting and documentation of custom-residential and small commercial timber frame and high-performance projects in various states around the country. You will be assisting our Project Architects in meeting strict deadlines, creating strong presentation visuals, setting up project files, gathering zoning/site information, taking notes during meetings, as well as drafting construction drawings. Quick learning, adaptability, and the ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is a must.
We’re looking for someone to start in an entry position, but there is opportunity to grow into a much larger role within the design group.
- 1-3 Years of computer drafting experience
- General knowledge of architecture or engineering processes
- Basic skill in Autodesk Revit and how to use it in an office setting
- Basic skill in Microsoft office products
- Strong Written & Verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Prior experience in an architectural or engineering setting.
- Experience in residential construction
- Experience using Enscape for rendering
- Passion in sustainability and building science
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 30% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company on our way to 100%, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ crafts people, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
Please send us a resume and detailed cover letter outlining why you would like to join our team. We look forward to learning more about you.