Fine Woodworker & Finisher, NY
$24-$30 an hour.
We’re looking for a Fine Woodworker & Finisher to join our passionate and creative team in Farmington NY. This role is a hands-on high craft finishing and woodworking opportunity with room to learn and grow within our team. We work on highly custom residential and commercial projects crafting everything from doors, tables, and stairs to cabinets, furniture, and wine rooms. We work both locally and regionally, which can mean occasional travel or longer commutes.
- 3+ years’ experience finishing in a woodworking or finish shop.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and exquisite attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with woodworking tools is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Proficiency with high quality finishing: 2k Lacquers, European Urethanes, Dyes, Stains and glazes.
- Experience in Bench Carpentry, Cabinet Making, or Furniture Making
- Background in Fine Arts or Industrial Design
This position is full-year, full-time plus with flexible schedule, great benefits including 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and PTO, a matching 401k plan, dental, and vision. We are a 100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed are an equal opportunity employer.
New Energy Works operates on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profit. We’ve been designing and crafting custom homes and fine woodworking across the nation for 30+ years with our 140+ craftspeople, carpenters, designers, dreamers, and community members.
If you think you’re a good fit, please apply today.
For Pay Transparence: Compensation Description (annually or hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $24 - $30
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Finisher – Fine Woodworking Job Description
New Energy Works - NEWwoodworks
Reports To: Division Manager
This role is a hands-on high craft finishing and woodworking position working on highly custom residential and commercial projects, crafting everything from doors, tables, and stairs to cabinets, furniture, and wine rooms, working both locally and regionally, which can mean occasional travel or longer commutes.
The Finisher must have advanced woodworking skills, knowledge of finishing techniques, and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of finish applications, solvents, pains, and stains.
- General fine woodworking skills and knowledge.
- Strong ability to prepare woodworking products for finishing.
- Ability to select and apply finishing mediums such as varnish and stains.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 6-10+ years’ experience finishing in a woodworking or finish shop.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and exquisite attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience with, and knowledge of woodworking tools.
- Proficiency with high quality wood or metal finishing: 2k Lacquers, European Urethanes, Dye, Stains and glazes and reactive finishes etc.
- Color matching and custom formulation experience with a variety of finishes.
- Experience teaching and supervising a quality finishing operation.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in Bench Carpentry, Cabinet Making, or Furniture Making.
Safety & Compliance:
Must comply with all New Energy Works safety protocols, policies, and code of conduct.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.