In July, previously reclaimed Douglas fir timbers move into their third iteration of life as the new Point of the Bluff pavilion in Hammondsport, NY overlooking Keuka Lake. Reclaimed by our sister company, Pioneer Millworks, these Douglas fir timbers were originally installed as Lock NO. 8 for the Welland Canal in 1927 in Niagra, Ontario.
We originally used the reclaimed timbers for Steamboat Landing's The Cove, a timber frame restaurant on Canandaigua Lake. When Steamboat Landing closed, Pioneer Millworks reclaimed the timbers again due to their storied history.
Now the timbers will be raised again for a pavilion at Point of the Bluff on Keuka Lake. Four parallel chord trusses form a square in the middle of this frame. Some timbers will be cut and re-joined onsite as some elements of the old Steamboat Landing fame will be adjusted for the new pavilion's entryways.
Location: Hammondsport, NY